November 16

What’s In Your Backpack?

Finding inspiration from an article on CNN.com, students in grades 2nd-12th took pictures of what is in their backpacks to share with you.

Backpack blog (1) – Solal, 6th Grade

bernardo
Bernardo, 6th Grade, 11.02 pounds.
#Pencilcase #Binder #GreekMythsBook #DwightWaterBottle #SocialStudies&EnglishFolder #Folder #DwightAgenda #GrammarBook

IMG_5183 (1)
Pasha, 7th Grade

Mathea, 6th Grade
This is what I have in my bag. I have a calculator for math, a binder with sections for all my classes, I have a pencil case with pens and one rubber. I also have a Greek myth book for my English class which we have just started to read. I have one more reading book which is the second book in the Hunger Games series. There has been made movies based on all the books in that series  and the new film based on the third book is coming on the cinema next Thursday, and I am so exited. I also have an iPad that every 6th graders get and earplugs to listed to music in Study Hall. The last thing is the Grammar book which we also have in the subject English.

IMG_7168IMG_7160
Emma, 6th Grade, 14.8 pounds

Photo on 11-13-15 at 10.43 AM #3
MK, 7th Grade
My favorite subject is design or P.E. I wish I do not need to carry laptop. I use my laptop most.

Maria, 8th Grade
Things I carry on my day to day life, which I use in school and use at home for homework.

FullSizeRender IMG_2066
Eunice, 10th Grade, 12 lbs.
My favorite subject is chemistry. I wish I didn’t have to carry folder in my bag because it is very heavy. I always use computer and I hardly use my calculator.

Sabrina, 4th Grade

FullSizeRender (1)
Christy, 10th Grade, 10.4 kg.
I wish I didn’t need to carry the computer because it is too heavy!

FullSizeRender (3) FullSizeRender (2)
Emilia, 6th Grade

Processed with Moldiv Processed with Moldiv
Monica, 4th Grade, 3.5 pounds.
My favorite subject is art its so much fun! I just wish that I did not have to carry my agenda. I use the most my homework folder and the least my book.

Aisha, 8th Grade
Besides all of the school materials, such as binders and notebooks, I always carry several additional things with me. One of these things is a hand sanitizer, which I hardly ever use, but prefer to keep just in case. I often have some extra cash in case of a critical situation, headphones, a hair tie, and my phone. I also like to carry a book with me. And if I have time during study halls and free periods, I usually read it.  In addition, I have a bracelet, presented by my Dad as a gift from Germany, which I consider as a talisman or a charm, so I always carry it with me.  I keep an additional hair tie for PE and a lip balm just in case. All other objects in the picture are the  necessary supplies for my everyday school life.

FullSizeRender (4)
Guya, 5th Grade, 6.5 pounds.
I am a fifth grade student at Dwight lower school, art is my favorite class and it doesn’t require me to carry many supplies. I wish I could stop carrying my books because they are very heavy, but I need to bring them because I love reading.

20151115_174344
Simon, 10th Grade, 15 pounds
I wish I can come to school with nothing, everything in my locker room and the homework is separate with classwork.

Untitled
Giordana, 2nd Grade
I am Giordana Beretta, a second grader student at Dwight School in New York City, U.S. My favourite class is EAL, because I bring to it only one workbook, I wish I couldn’t carry my Physical Education bag, because is too heavy.

Untitled
Adriana, 5th Grade
My favorite subject is music because I love to play flute and sing. So I love that you relax in music lesson because you play a instrument and the music is nice to hear. I wished that I didn’t have to carry a lot of books because it makes it heavier. I use my pencil case a lot.

Untitled
Gui, 4th grade, 7.5 pounds.
My favorite subject is Art because in Art we don’t have to carry too much things in your backpack, we can create new things, and all this is a lot of fun.

Untitled
Joshua, 5th Grade
My favorite subject is PE because you can move more and have more fun. Something I wish I don’t have to carry in my book bag is my iPad because it is very heavy. I use my take-home folder because I have homework almost everyday.

Untitled
Lisa, 2nd grade, 4.4 pounds.
My favorite subject is Math. I wish I didn’t have to carry my water bottle because it’s heavy. The item I use most in my backpack is homework folder and the item I use the least is library book.

Untitled
Eloi, 7th grade, 13.2 pounds.
My favorite subject is Drama. I wish I didn’t have to carry this binder. I mostly use my laptop. I don’t use my notebook.

Untitled
Dameli, 5th grade, 4.5 pounds.
My favorite subject is EAL. Because I really like learning different languages, and we having fun. I wish I don’t need to carry my iPad. Even if I don’t like to carry my iPad, I use it the most. We are doing everything on our IPads or Labtops!

Untitled
Julia de Jongh, 8th Grade, 12.6 pounds
I have a red bookbag from Converse. I usually don’t bring a lot to school because I have to walk to school and I don’t want to carry a heavy bookbag all the way to school. I have two binders, a calculator, a book, my wallet, and my laptop in my bag. I don’t like carrying my two binders because they are quite heavy and they take up a lot of room inside my bag. I use my laptop a lot because for almost all of the subject we need our laptop. My favorite subject in school is Art because you can express yourself or things without words. I also really like PE because you can try new sports. 

1 Untitled
Mike, 4th grade
My favorite lesson is RECESS because we can do whatever we wont on recess! And we don’t need any stuff for it!

1 Untitled
Maria, 5th Grade

Enzo, 6th Grade, 20 pounds.
I would wish to not carry my Spanish folder with me.

unnamed
Justin, 7th Grade, 34.9 LBs.

IMG_3779 IMG_3778
Isabella, 4th Grade

image2 (1)
Joseph, 2nd Grade

IMG_0497 IMG_0498
Anouk, 4th Grade

Posted November 16, 2015 by rsinger in category Uncategorized