November 2

Welcoming more of our new EAL friends!

Giordana 2nd grade
Giordana is from Milan, Italy.  She is in 2nd grade here at Dwight. Her favorite thing to do in Milan was riding bikes with her family. What she misses the most about Milan is her friends from school.  In New York City, she likes to play in Central Park and go shopping. She thinks that New York City pizza is more delicious than Milan’s!  She has 3 sisters; two of them go to Dwight: Guya is in 5th grade and Gineva is in 7th grade.

unnamed

Federico 9th Grade by Maria and Thelma

Frederico Zampedri, is a new student at Dwight School and is Italian. Federico came to New York in 2012. Living here already for a long time, his English is really good. He has an older sister named Francesca, but she doesn’t go to Dwight. He attended an Italian school before coming to Dwight, but he did not like it so much so he decided to come to our school. Frederico is very much liking the school so far and contributes to our community in a very interesting way. He plays on the Soccer on the Junior Varsity Team. His favorite subject is gym, and he is very athletic. Frederico really likes living in New York, but still keeps his Italian background present by speaking the language at home in every occasion, which is very interesting. He is very well adapted to the Dwight School’s routine and thinks that it is easy being a foreigner in the school. His favorite genre of music is house. Outside of school he likes to surf and dirtbike. 

1

Aisha 8th Grade
My name is Aisha, and I am 14 years old. I was born on July 8, 2001, in Astana, which is the capital of Kazakhstan, the country I am originally from. I have moved to the United States in May, 2015, and I have been living in Miami, Florida during the last summer. In September, I have moved to Manhattan, New York, and now I am an 8th grade student of Dwight School. Before the United States, for the past 6 years, I have been living in Astana, but before that I have lived in Milan, Italy, where my little sister Dameli was born, and in London, England, where my little brother Mansur was born. Dameli is also a member of Dwight Community, studying as a 5th grade student. My interests include both physical and mental activities. In Miami, we have spent a lot of time playing tennis and golf, so I prefer these types of sports. I also like skiing, ice skating, and swimming. I love reading books, and one of my favourite literature pieces is “451 Fahrenheit” written by Ray Bradbury. I play the piano, and I have been studying at a music after school for 7 years. During free time I enjoy baking, watching different movies, and spending time outside. I love to travel, and I have been to some countries of Europe, Asia and America. My favourite subjects are probably Social Studies, English, and Science. I am really happy to be studying at Dwight, and I think that this school is wonderful, because it provides so many opportunities to meet people with different cultures and nationalities, to gain knowledge, to  improve skills and to develop a better personality. I love living in New York, and I am enjoying every day spent in the United States.

Pasha 7th Grade Interviewed by Gabriela
I interviewed a boy called Pavel; he just turned 14 on On October.  He was born in Moscow for 9 years and moved to Miami. After 4 years he moved to New York. This boy also likes to be called Pasha, because his family calls him like this. He has an older brother and a younger sister. Outside the school he does dance like: Samba, Cha-cha-cha and Salsa; He also play chess, does art and ping-pong.  

large_user_3652794

Maria 8th Grade
I’m Maria Beatriz Berlfein and I’m from Sao Paulo Brazil. My dad got transferred this year to New York and me and my family all moved here in September. This is not my first time in New York I’ve visited here before during vacation and I enjoyed it a lot. One of the reasons I love New York is because if the Broadway shows and musicals. I love to dance, I’ve been dancing Ballet since I was three years old and I love it very much. Also I love to draw and paint. This year I joined the art after school activity and I enjoy it very much. So far I’m really enjoying Dwight, I love it because it is a International school so you  get to meet different people from different countries. Also I’m really enjoying to learn about the American Government and get to understand the process and its procedures. Also the experience of moving is great because you really get to know New York and know what is like to live in New York. I really enjoy to travel around the world and get to know different places.

Untitled

Gabriela 7th Grade – Interviewed by Pasha

She was born on October 3, 2003. Was born in Fortaleza, Brazil.  Gabriela lives in uptown New York. Gabriela has a younger sister and brother. Gabriela is the oldest of her two siblings ,.,. Gabriela takes dance after school. She started dancing since she was six. She does Jazz, Tap, and Hip Hop. She plays guitar, does singing, and knows how to draw. Also she likes editing videos. She also does drama and volleyball.

gabriela

Posted November 2, 2015 by rsinger in category Uncategorized